Historic Photos
from the
Archives
of the

Episcopal Diocese of Western New York

 

Bishop William Heathecote DeLancy as a young man
1st Bishop of the Diocese of Western New York

 

Mission of Our Savior Lackawanna NY
Confirmation May 31, 1935
confirmed by Bishop Cameron Davis.
Presented by The Rev. G.F.J. Sherwood,
Rector of St. Jude’s

Men L - R Ehrmann, Alquire, Reed, Davis, Dedloff, Gerstung, Ferguson
Women L -R Miss W. Alquin, Mrs Alquin, Mrs Lewis, Mrs Johana Gerstung
Not Pictured: John Gerstung, Kenneth Alquin, Mrs Ott

St .Barnabas, Riley and Rother, Buffalo New York
c.1893 - 1909
As far as we know, the only image of the church which was founded by the Laymen's Missionary League. Identified by the street sign on the lamp post.
Acquired by accident from a parishioner of St. Andrew's, Buffalo

 

Summer Bible School c 1923 at Epiphany Episcopal Church, Willet near Clinton and North Ogden. Buffalo New York
The building is now American Legion Post 1015

The Pete Snyder Family from
Good Shepherd in Irving NewYork


Holy Apostles, Perry New York

 

 

St James at Spring and Swan, Buffalo New York was closed in 1936.
The property,without the tower, is owned by
the People’s Community Church of Christ

St. John's, Ellicottville New York

St. Paul's, Darien Center New York
May 1938

 

Choir Boys of the Church of the Ascension, Linwood and North, Buffalo New York in 1886

 

First School on Milestrip where the first Episcopal Mission was established on the
Cattaraugus Indian Reservation. This Mission became Good Shepherd Church in Irving New York in 1902.

 

 All photographs and documents are from the
Archives of the
Episcopal Diocese of Western New York

[home]